We are in the final stretch now. Our first flight leaves in 6 1/2 hours…and as I’m writing this my stomach is turning in knots. All 18 of our bags are finally packed and loaded, and our 8 carry ons are waiting for their last minute additions. So much goes into moving across the world and it’s all the last minute stuff that I’m very thankful to be done with. What a crazy journey we are about to embark on!
While the kids are taking their last naps on US soil I thought I’d take a minute to reflect on our last couple of months. We knew we wanted to have a fun summer and fill our kids with all sorts of memories before moving abroad, so we made a bucket list of family adventures. We completed almost everything on our list, so this summer was a huge success!
- Eat at the Perfect Landing (we did this for Zeke’s 3rd Birthday)
- Go to Wyatt’s house (thanks Ebertowskis for hosting us!)
- Casa Bonita (crazy crazy, but the kids loved it!)
- Chick Fil A (we crossed this one off our list more than once a week sometimes!)
- Bowling (Zeke’s Birthday)
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo (feeding the giraffes!)
- Krispie Kreme (the kids first time!)
- Real De Minas (we sure are going to miss Mexican food)
- Rockies vs. Cardinals Game
- Noodles and Company (we also did this one a lot…our kids are mac n cheese monsters!)
- Feed the ducks at Grandma and Grandpa’s pond
- Einsteins (I’m noticing a food theme here…we sure do like to eat!)
- Go on an airplane (twice this summer, and one more time tonight)
- Throw pennies in the mall fountain
- Watch a movie in our van
- St Louis Zoo (Cassidy started walking here!)
We are excited for our next journey and all the things we’ll add to our bucket list in South Africa! See you on the other side!